Travel Grants for expenses relating to their participation at the International Myeloma Workshop
- Age 35 years or younger
- A member of IMS in good standing at the time the abstract is submitted. Please see our membership page for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registered at the IMW
- Have an Abstract selected for oral presentation at IMW or poster if not enough abstracts accepted. In the event there are more than four abstracts or posters, the Awards Subcommittee and the IMS Executive Board will select the top four.
Each eligible application will be reviewed by the current Workshop abstract reviewers. The best abstracts are then sent to members of the International Myeloma Society (IMS) Board. The Award Subcommittee members plus the IMS Executive Board members will decide through a voting process. Members who are directly linked to the applicant will have access to the applications but will not be involved in the voting process. The IMS Awards Subcommittee chair will notify the winners after the selection process.
- The awardee will receive $2,000 US dollars.
The award certificate will be presented at the next International Myeloma Workshop in at the Award session. The monies will be given “a posteriori” by the IMS Treasurer.
The awardee will receive $2,000 US dollars from the IMS. The IMS Treasurer will make the payment to each awardee.
- The IMS President and Secretary will provide a certificate of the Award.
- The recipient is asked to cite support from the International Myeloma Society (IMS) in any publication resulting from the abstract data.
- Abstracts will be published in an e-book supplement of Elsevier “Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma, and Leukemia” review.
If you have any questions or require additional information regarding the Travel Grant Award, please contact email@example.com.
Abstracts due to IMS: April 1, 2019
Abstract Reviews due: June 1, 2019
Notification of award: June 16, 2019
Award presentation: At IMW September, 2019