IMS Awards for Exemplary Abstracts
Through the Awards for Exemplary Abstracts, the International Myeloma Society provides travel grants to young myeloma researchers to assist with expenses relating to their participation at the 17th International Myeloma Workshop. The IMS Board will decide, according to the scores of the abstracts and the quality of presentation, which investigators receive a travel grant.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Age 35 years or younger
- A member of IMS in good standing at the time the abstract is submitted. Please see our membership page for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registered at the IMW
- Have an Abstract selected for oral presentation at IMW or poster if not enough abstracts accepted. The award winner must be the primary author on the submitted Abstract.
Each eligible application will be reviewed by the current Workshop abstract reviewers. The best abstracts are then sent to members of the International Myeloma Society (IMS) Board. The Award Subcommittee members plus the IMS Executive Board members will decide through a voting process. Members who are directly linked to the applicant will have access to the applications but will not be involved in the voting process. The IMS Awards Subcommittee chair will notify the winners after the selection process. The Call for Abstracts deadline is June 19, 2019.
The awardee will receive up to $2,000 US dollars to offset travel expenses and complimentary housing accommodations while in Boston. IMS is committed to providing travel support assistance to its members through society resources and through external grant support. Because external funding is not guaranteed, the extent of travel support available is unknown at this time.
The award recipient will be recognized at the Opening Reception at the current year International Myeloma Workshop. The monies will be given “a posteriori” by the IMS Treasurer.
- The awardee will receive up to $2,000 US dollars from the IMS. The IMS Treasurer will make the payment to each awardee.
- The IMS President and Secretary will provide a certificate of the Award.
- The recipient is asked to cite support from the International Myeloma Society (IMS) in any publication resulting from the abstract data.
- Abstracts will be published in an e-book supplement of Elsevier “Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma, and Leukemia” review.
If you have any questions or require additional information regarding the Travel Grant Award, please contact email@example.com.
Abstracts deadline: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EDT
Notification of award: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Abstracts for research with late breaking results will be considered until
Wednesday July 24, 2019 EDT, with notifications by Thursday, August 1, 2019.
Award presentation: At IMW September, 2019